Parents’ Day Out (PDO) at St. Luke UMC
Ages 8 Weeks through Pre-K
Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Debbie Kietzman, Director: 596-0788
Welcome to P.D.O.! We strive to provide a safe and loving environment for your child to play and learn. As a ministry of the church, our aim is to demonstrate Christian love through our words and actions and teach by example. Our staff of loving caregivers, primarily moms, make efforts to provide opportunities for stimulating play, building social skills and pre-school level learning. We are glad to have you join our family!
- Our teachers are background checked and Safe Sanctuary trained.
- Please make your child’s teacher aware of any medical conditions, allergies and/or medications for your child and leave written instructions if needed.
- Please send your child a healthy lunch that they can feed themselves which doesn’t require refrigeration or cooking. A refrigerator and microwave are available in the nursery only.
- Please remember to send a drink for your child and any necessary utensils.
- Occasionally, snacks or treats may be provided. Please inform your child’s teacher of any allergies or dietary restrictions, and feel free to send snacks from home. We will make you aware if there are any other classroom allergies.
- When weather permits, we will play outside. Please dress your child appropriately and in comfortable shoes, preferably tennis shoes with socks.vBlankies and special “lovies” are allowed for naptime, but please refrain from bringing other toys from home.
- We employ “time-outs” for discipline. Children will receive a warning before being placed in timeout for one minute per year of the child’s age. Continuing or serious behavioral issues will require a parent conference.
Twice yearly, in the fall and spring, we will collect a supply fee of $10 (preferably paid in cash) and ask that you bring in as many of the following as you are able:
- two (2) packages of baby wipes
- two (2) boxes of tissues
- one (1) package of disinfecting wipes
- one (1) hand sanitizer
- one (1) roll of paper towels
- one (1) package of scented dirty diaper bags (nursery only)
- one (1) package of changing pads (nursery only)
- batteries (size AA or D)
- LATEX FREE gloves for diaper changing and messier crafts.
- Cost is $25 per child per day with a one-time registration fee of $25.
- Payment is due at the beginning of the month for the whole month. No discounts are given due to individual absences or PDO closings, including Hamilton County weather closings.
- We do offer drop-ins. Cost per day is $35.
- Payments received after the 15th of the month will be assessed a $25 late fee.
- Late pickups will be charged at a rate of $1 per minute, payable to your child’s teacher.
- In the event of inclement weather, we will follow Hamilton County school system for school closures and delays.
- Please keep your child home if they are ill, including allergy sufferers with bright green nasal drainage, as this can be indicative of infection.
- Children must be free of fever, vomiting, and/or diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to P.D.O.
Refer a friend and get $25 off the next month’s fees!
More Savings! Regular Sunday morning attendees of St. Luke UMC (at least two times a month) will receive 20% off PDO tuition, beginning the month following their first regular attendance. Please sign in on Sunday morning with “PDO” next to your name to receive this special benefit.